Sunday, March 28, 2010

De Meis Laboribus

I reached a new level of anxiety this week simply thinking about all the things that have to be accomplished in the next five weeks.  Aside from the general reading and homework that is par for the course during any given week, I have three research papers to write (two of which are 10+ pages), two presentations to give, a qualitative and a quantitative assignment to complete for sociology, three more historical linguistics assignments to write (ugh!), four or five books to read, and five final exams to take.  On top of all of this, I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'm going to finish Greek in May.  If I enroll in the course, I'll have to start studying my Greek pretty frequently again.  Insanity.  I really wanted to attend Hillbilly Days in Pikeville this year, but it looks like I'll stay put in Lexington.  Despite all of this, there is one thing I'm incredibly happy about: I'm not freezing to death anymore.


 The Arboretum (March 19)

The weather has been very pleasant, and it's safe to say that I won't have to endure freezing temperatures for quite awhile.  The forecast mentioned something about 80-degree temperatures next week and I'm ecstatic.  I just hope that the sun won't be too much of a distraction in the midst of classes and homework.  

It's study time again.  I don't know if I'll be able to post anything until after finals.  If I do, it will just be for purposes of procrastination.  

No comments: