Thursday, January 05, 2006

Animal Withdrawal!

So, I came across this cute as hell picture last night on the internet and for a moment became a little depressed (in an extremely un-emo way) because I realized that I haven't had a pet of my own in about a year and a half. When my family moved to Lexington in August 2004, we had to leave our cat at home. My brother ended up eventually taking her back to Lexington with him to stay at his apartment, but I didn't get to see her that much. Since then, my campus apartment living situation combined with an immediate family member's distaste for certain animals have kept me from having a pet. I'm sure I could get away with smuggling a small rodent or kitten (or this baby penguin) into my apartment without any of the resident advisors or directors knowing, but the space is still pretty restricted and I wouldn't want to infringe upon my roommates. I'm going to have to wait until I get my own place, but then I'll definitely buy my own kitten or other pet. Pets are excellent stress relievers! I'll need one.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Awwww... I wish you had a pet, you talk about it a lot, hah. Cats are pretty cool though.