Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Welcome to My Wonderful Blog!

Welcome! I hope at best to have maybe five or six loyal readers after I get this thing going! I'm sure you've already figured out from the title that this is going to be an extremely un-emo blog. I don't see the point in subjecting my friends or random people via the internet to my personal woes, as I'd like them to stay personal. Moreover, my friends already hear me bitch enough about relationships, school, and ignorant people, and I'm sure random visitors would probably not care at all about these things.

For those who don't know me--I just turned 20 (1 year from legal boozing!) and I'm a sophomore attending the wonderful University of Kentucky. I'm a double major in History and Classical Languages and Literature (Latin emphasis). What the hell am I going to do with these degrees? At the moment, I'd like to get a Ph.D. in either History or Classics (haven't decided) and teach at the college level. If not, I guess I'll continue my family tradition of attaining a law degree from UK. This is definitely just an option, though, as I think I'm more inclined to the research and writing aspects of the academic realm. If I can't improve my fear of speaking in front of large groups of people (imagine that!), I think I'd really enjoy conducting research and writing articles for a university/scholarly journal or a magazine like National Geographic.

I've turned into a bit of a nerd since I left high school--I'm proud of my 3.8 GPA and I'm trying to keep it high! I study a lot when classes are in session, as I would absolutely love to attend a great university for my graduate studies.

When I'm not being a nerd, I basically love to relax. I'll watch South Park DVD's or movies, take naps, sleep, eat great food, and occasionally go to a party to social drink and get my mind off of class. I'll try to post some of my other interests in my profile.

With that being said, I guess I can actually start the real posts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hey it me again sorry for the last letter i gave you

Anonymous said...

i just said that because i was emo before

Anonymous said...

that first letter wasn't me